GTA IV PC Gets First Update In 6 Years!
Today hundreds of people still play GTA IV on PC and for those who continue to play the game and be a fan of the franchise will know that the game hasn’t actually seen any form of updates or patches for quick some time, infact, it’s been 6 years. That’s now changed. Rockstar Games have now released a new patch for the PC version of GTAIV. Don’t get too excited though, it’s on Windows 8.1 and 10 OS support and some bug fixes, mainly for graphics and stability. You can find out the patch details below.
Isn’t it great that even 6 years later Rockstar still continue to support the game with patch updates.
- Added error code “WTV270″ to indicate a problem with connecting to Windows Live Sign in Assistant / Games for Windows Live Servers.
- Added Windows 8, 8.1, and 10 to compatible OS check.
- Added Display Controller image in Controller Configuration.
- Fixed a bug which made completing “Out of Commission” mission impossible when frame rate exceeds 60fps.
- Fixed a bug with the “Resource Usage” indicator on graphics cards with more than 2GB of VRAM.
- Fixed a bug that restricted settings changes when using modern video cards.
- Fixed a bug with the map crosshair on certain resolutions.
- Fixed a bug with text scrolling in “Brief” Menu.
- Fixed “drawlist overflow” crash.
- Minor performance optimizations.